Our primary aim is to meet our clients’ transactional needs or, put more simply, to help them get their deals done. As a result The Nathanson Group can provide an array of services to our clients during the course of a transaction, including the following:
- Drafting and negotiating a letter of intent.
- Drafting and negotiating a confidentiality agreement.
- Drafting and negotiating the definitive transaction document, whether it is a purchase agreement, a lease agreement, a management agreement or a merger agreement.
- Drafting and negotiating the closing documents, such as deeds, bills of sale, assignment agreements, lease termination agreements, operations transfer agreements, employment agreements, non-competition agreements, and title company affidavits and indemnities.
- Ordering, reviewing and responding to issues related to title commitments, litigation and lien searches and property surveys.
- Working with the escrow agent to ensure that all of the necessary closing documents are delivered to escrow in order to ensure a timely closing.
However, our work often does not stop with the Closing since we act as “outside in-house counsel” to several of our clients, including those who do not have their own in-house counsel. Our ongoing representation of our clients includes the following:
- Communicating with investors, tenants, landlords and lenders, as applicable.
- Drafting and reviewing contracts with home health care agencies, pharmacies and other ancillary service providers.
- Providing guidance on legal issues which may arise related to the ownership or operation of the facilities or business which have been acquired.
- Working with outside litigation counsel.